Shaping up does not have to cost a lot of money. It can be as simple-and inexpensive-as making small lifestyle changes.
Here are a few tips to help you get started:
1. Why not skip watching TV for one night and go for a walk with a friend? Walking is one of the best forms of exercise and the easiest to do.
2. Do your own yard work. Pushing a manual mower and raking leaves burns hundreds of calories and can save you money every month.
3. Wash and wax your own car to save money and burn calories.
4. Do your own housework. It burns between 140 and 400 calories a day and can save you the money you would spend hiring help. Thirty minutes of window washing burns 100 calories.
5. Consider a health care discount program like HealthSaver, which has teamed up with Jenny Craig to offer great savings on a variety of weight loss programs