Lose Weight With Living Foods
Losing weight doesn't have to be boring when you focus on living foods. What does this mean? Simply by making sure your plate reflects a range of colours, you'll naturally create more balanced and healthful menus complete with a range of living foods.
What are living foods? They are alive, colourful, fresh and raw - fruits, vegetables and salads!
Let's Look At The Positives
1. Colourful foods have no preservatives and no added colour!
2. Provide an abundance of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fibre, water and trace elements.
3. Have a high water content - an excellent source of hydration for the body.
4. Are visually appetising.
5. Their firm textures demand a good chew, so we eat them more slowly and feel full afterwards.
6. Are quickly and easily processed and assimilated by the body - less work for the digestive system.
7. Are safer - contain less undesirable man-made chemicals.
8. Are as nature intended (unlike processed, pre-packaged modern fast foods!)
9. Are pure energy - living food.
Consuming Cooked Foods
1. Heat destroys the vitalising nutrients in colourful foods. So much so that sometimes, you may as well be eating cardboard for all the good it does your body!
2. The effectiveness of fibre in cooked fresh foods is reduced - vegetables that are floppy and overcooked pass through the body with a reduced 'cleansing' action.
3. If you cook vegetables, always steam them lightly and aim to retain their 'crunch'!
4. Cooked vegetables tend to turn out soft and therefore require less chewing, which means they are usually eaten more quickly, so are less satisfying.
5. Heat also destroys the enzymes in fresh foods, which are essential for digestion. This means the body has to tap into its own precious supply of enzymes to support the digestive process.
6. Heat also destroys the enzymes in fresh foods, which are essential for digestion. This means the body has to tap into its own precious supply of enzymes to support the digestive process.